Friday, December 30, 2011

concave.

Sometimes I feel like I'm collapsing into myself. Like my whole body is imploding. I get so stressed out that I can't even think. It's probably why I've been on every kind of anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medication for the past year. It's okay. I'm not embarrassed. I have serious psychiatric issues. You can see it on my wrists.

I realize that that is extremely personal. No one really knows about it and I usually try to keep a smile on my face. It's not like I try and hide the scars. They are a part of what makes me, me. I do catch a few people staring every once in a while and a  few gasps here and there. If you know me, you'll probably try and sneak a little peek. That's okay too.

I'm not trying to scream out my problems for everyone to read. I just feel like, little by little, I want people to understand why I am the way I am. I'm a little crazy, but at least I can be around sharp objects now.

That joke was in bad taste.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Leah Toomey and I miss you dearly maybe it isn't completely appropriate to comment on this post but I felt like you should know that you're loved and I'm glad you're such a good editing partner and friend. I can't wait for you to get back from Thailand so I can see you we need major Maddie Leah time!

    ReplyDelete